Recipe: Ham, Egg and Veggie Breakfast Muffins
My new favorite that I just started this week!
- 8 eggs
- 12 slices of deli ham (nitrate free is best. I love Natural Choice Brand)
- steamed broccoli (I love the steamer bags of broccoli from Trader Joes)
- half chopped red bell pepper
- half chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk up the 8 eggs in medium bowl, I season a little with salt and pepper.
- Spray muffin pan, lay each slice in each muffin spot (my ham is thick enough to do just one slice per muffin spot)
- Your going to fill all 12 muffin spots. I had enough egg mixture with the 8 eggs to fill up all 12.
- Pour in egg mixture a little over half way
- Put in bite size broccoli pieces in each one
- Sprinkle on top desired amount of shopped bell pepper and onions.
- Get knife or spoon and push down everything into egg mixture
- Put in oven for about 20-30 min. until egg doesn't look watery anymore.
- Once taken out let them cool down then you can put in containers for the week.
I typically do 3 egg muffins each morning since you don't get a full egg in each muffin. Three is perfect :)